CITY OF HIGHLAND 4th OF JULY FIREWORKS
The City of Highland fireworks display shall be held on 4th, 2020 at 9: 15 p.m., and will last 20 to 25 minutes. The City of Highland's highest priority is the safety of Highland citizens. As a result, the City of Highland will be enforcing and abiding by the mandatory requirements of the Governors COVID-19 Executive Orders.
For the purpose of complying with the Governors COVID-19 Executive Order, the following shall be required.
- Close Glik Park and corresponding parking lots and prohibit social gatherings on City property.
- Eliminate the July 4th celebration party at Glik Park.
- Close all surrounding City restrooms in and around Glik Park.
- Fireworks shall be launched from approximately a 200 yard range and away from any nearby building.
- The public shall remain in their vehicles or by their vehicles in groups of 10 or less.
- Social distancing and face coverings shall be required where needed in accordance with the Governor's Executive Order.
Common steps to prevent transmission:
- Practice social distancing: remain 6 feet from all non-household individuals.
- Where social distancing is not possible: face coverings are required.
- Wash your hands: wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Hand sanitizer: Use hand sanitizer until you can get to soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- Avoid touching "high touch" public surfaces, or wash your hands after doing so.
- If you are displaying flu-like symptoms, self-quarantine in order to prevent transmission to others and stay home.
- If you believe you have been exposed but are not displaying symptoms, use your best judgement and practice social distancing from those close to you.