- Owned and operated by the City since 1899.
- The system presently serves 5,257 residential, 572 commercial and 193 industrial users.
- Spread out across a geographic area of approximately 64 square miles.
- Total electrical load for 2005 amounted to 124,921 megawatt-hours, with a peak load this past summer of 35.6 megawatts.
STREET & ALLEY
Supervisor: Clint Conrad
- Maintains improvements within the rights-of-way of Highland.
- Street sweeping, snow plowing, sidewalk repair and replacement, pavement patching, tree pruning and removal, storm sewer maintenance, mosquito abatement, grass and weed control of right-of-way
- Maintains approximately 66 miles of streets and alleys.
WATER & SEWER MAINTENANCE
Supervisor: Randy Rinderer
- Water main repair, hydrant flushing, hydrant testing, new water services, sanitary sewer main jetting, and manhole maintenance.
- The department is responsible for 89 miles of water main and 61 miles of sanitary sewer.
WATER RECLAMATION FACILITY
Supervisor: Bill Zimmer
- Processes wastewater for Highland residents.
- The process uses an oxidation ditch and aerobic digester to treat an average 1.1 million gallons per day (gpd) with a total design capacity of 1.6 million gpd.
WATER TREATMENT PLANT
Supervisor: Mike Buss
Public Works Contact:
Director of Public Works