City Cemetery records are available online. Simply click on the above link to access the database. The Highland Park & Recreation Department is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Cemetery.
For information on cemetery lots, please contact Lana Hediger at City Hall.
- Cemetery Visiting Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- For proper maintenance reasons and upkeep, Cemetery Staff may remove bouquets, decorations and bouquet holders around the headstone in excess of One Per Grave Space (March to October), with the exception of Memorial Day, Christmas Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Cemetery Staff may remove deteriorated and derelict copings, fences, concrete curbs, hedges, etc., on or around any grave or Cemetery Lot declared a nuisance.
- It is prohibited to construct any curb, coping, rail, fence, trellis, or plant any bush, shrub or tree without the consent of the Cemetery Staff.
- Cemetery Staff shall determine if any vegetation has become detrimental or inconvenient to passengers and/or Cemetery Staff to remove all or parts of the said object.
- Owners may decorate lots and shall remove all rubish while observing the Rules & Regulations of the Cemetery.
- No gardener, florist or other similar person will be allowed to work on Cemetery Lots without the permission of the Cemetery Staff.
- Owners shall not place unsightly or inappropriate objects of wood, wire, tin, glass, etc., on their lots.
- Everyone is prohibited from picking flowers, breaking any tree, shrub or plant.
- Everyone is prohibited from writing upon, defacing or injuring any Monument, Enclosure, or Structure in or belonging to the Cemetery.
- Fast driving is prohibited.
- Gardeners are not permitted to solicit orders on Cemetery grounds.
- All funerals must be coordinated through a Funeral Director.
- Staff shall ensure all Rules and Regulations are observed and persons found damaging any property or violating any Rules will be reported to the Highland Police Department and Prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.